Travels from Memphis, Tennessee
Contact Anthony Maranise
Apart from being a 20+ year survivor of childhood leukemia, Anthony Maranise is the founder and director of "Sport & the Spiritual Life," a non-profit grant-funding organization geared toward assisting researchers in sports and Christian spirituality.
Additionally, he serves as a sports life-coach, accredited by the International Sports Professionals Association (ISPA). Often found writing, Anthony has published several academic works in various journals on the topics of the intersections between sports, spirituality, and religion.
He is the author of four books: "Worth Holding On To" (Green Cricket Press, 2016), "Sport & the Spiritual Life: The Integration of Playing & Praying" (Order of St. Benedict, 2013), "Beyond I Am: Meditations on the Gospel of St. John" (Amazon Press, 2014), and "Faith Filled Fragments"(Amazon Press, 2012).
Anthony is an Oblate of the Order of St. Benedict associated with St. Bernard Abbey in Cullman, AL. and is currently completing his Masters in Catholic Studies from Christian Brothers University.
His theological research and speaking topics of expertise include:
- The intersection of sports and Christian spirituality (subject-matter expert)
- Spirituality for those affected by cancer (subject-matter expert)
- Benedictine spirituality (specialty)
- The Writings and spirituality of St. Francis de Sales (specialty)
- Love and human relationships (speciality), &
- The problem of evil & human suffering (professional concentration)