Travels from New York City, New York
Contact Ashley Crouch
Hi everyone! I believe in my heart that beauty can save the world. After helping to launch Verily Magazine and living in Manhattan for years immersed in the fashion and media industry, I've spoken to thousands of young women - high school, colleges, and young professionals - on some of the things we care about most, authentic beauty, modesty, and healthy relationships. It has been my deepest joy to share my story working in the fashion industry in Manhattan with women across the globe, even as far away as Sydney, Australia, and to hear your comments, such as "thank you for being willing to talk about this!" "someone needs to be talking about this!" "we need to have you back every semester!" I am humbled beyond belief, because your enthusiasm convinces me that I'm not alone - these topics are important and we need to talk about them far and wide! I developed a program, "Beauty Unfiltered” to bring to you all and look forward to speaking with you soon.
Ashley is a national and international speaker on authentic beauty, modesty, and healthy relationships. A regular speaker for high school, college, and young professional audiences, Ashley has spoken to thousands of women worldwide, eventually developing her own program,"Beauty Unfiltered.” Audiences praise her insight, authenticity, and candor when talking about the deeply personal issues of beauty. Some have said, “we need to have you back every semester,” or “you talk drew the largest attendance in history.”
Believing that fashion and beauty shape culture, Ashley was on the founding team for launch women’s fashion and lifestyle publication, Verily Magazine, where she served as the Relationships Editor and PR Manager. Immersed in the fashion and lifestyle space for years gave her keen insights into the beauty landscape and access to personal, real stories about beauty from models, media professionals, and friends, rarely heard from other women.
Ashley Crouch is the Founder and CEO of Appleseed Communications, LLC, a for-purpose publicity company that works with brands in the women’s empowerment, fashion, happiness and wellbeing space. Drawing from her vast network of media relationships and passion for women’s issues, she has helped advance the cultural conversation surrounding beauty and women’s empowerment in outlets such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal’s MarketWatch, FastCompany, FOX Business, Huffington Post Live, Huffington Post, Forbes, The Examiner, Vanity Fair, Refinery29, SiriusXM Stars Channel, Queen Latifah Show, New York Post, CBS, Upworthy, National Review Online, The Daily Caller, Entrepreneur Magazine, The Telegraph, Townhall, LeanIn, The Sydney Telegraph, Catholic News Agency, National Catholic Register, Catholic Herald, and hundreds of blogs.
Ashley contributes to Business Insider, Fast Company, TIME, Huffington Post Women, Refinery29, Acculturated, Verily Magazine, Levo League, and The Everygirl, where she writes to young women on topics of beauty, fashion, leadership, and relationships.
In her spare time, Ashley launched the popular discussion group for young adults in Manhattan, Love and Responsibility in NYC. She coordinated the popular discussion series for 4 years, which saw an average of 200 young adults in weekly attendance. Love and Responsibility has spread to Washington, DC, Los Angeles, CA, and Sydney, Australia.
A graduate of the University of Dallas, Ashley has lived in Manhattan for the past 3.5 years working in the fashion and media industries, directing photo shoots, attending Fashion Week, and liaising with media personnel. She has been featured on SiriusXM Stars Channel, 2GB radio in Sydney Australia, Huffington Post The Sydney Telegraph, National Review Online, Weekly Standard, First Things, National Catholic Register, and Catholic News Agency.
Ashley enjoys speaking about topics such as:
"Women, Media, and the Culture: How Women's Media Shapes How We Feel About Ourselves"
"Beauty Unfiltered: Women, Media, and the Culture"
"Decent Exposure: What Working in the Fashion Industry Taught me About Modesty and Beauty"
"Vulnerability as the Genius of Women: Finding Authenticity in Relationships"
"Do Mothers and Fathers Matter? Exploring Parenthood for Children"
"Authentic Love: What We All Want And Have Trouble Finding"
"From Single to Sensational: Becoming the Best Version of Yourself as a Single Woman"
● Hand picked to colaunch print publication Verily Magazine, circulated in Barnes and Noble stores nationwide, with 5000 subscribers and web traffic numbering 178,000 avg monthly pageviews.
● Develop and implement branding and media strategy. Worked independently to procure features from over 180 media outlets in 9 months, including a week series of entire shows on SiriusXM Stars Channel called “Getting Real with Verily Magazine”, HuffPost Live, Dove, Queen Latifah Show, New York Post, CBS, Huffington Post, Upworthy, National Review Online, Fox Business, The Daily Caller, Entrepreneur
Magazine, The Telegraph, Townhall, LeanIn, and more. (Full list available)
○ Made Verily a globally recognized brand through Huffington Post viral article, "Verily Magazine's No Photoshop Policy Proves It Can Be Done", contributed to spike in website traffic from 30,000 to 280,000 unique monthly pageviews.
● Execute digital strategy to brand Verily across all social media channels, increasing company social media presence nearly 700% on Facebook from 3,500 to 24,000 followers, 400% on Twitter from 950 to 6,500 followers, and 1200% on Instagram from 450 to 5,700 followers in 10 months with zero paid acquisition.
ACCOLADES AND MENTIONS
- Featured in LifeSite News article on Heritage Foundation speaking event February 25, 2014
- Featured on No. 1 radio station in Sydney, Australia, 2GB’s “Miranda Devine Show” February 16, 2014
- Featured in Sydney, Australia’s The Daily Telegraph “Looking for Truth in Beauty” February 16, 2014
- Mentioned in Huffington Post’s article, “Photoshopping real women into cover models produces some unsettling results” February 14, 2014 Featured in Catholic News Agency “An AntiPhotoshop Revolution? A New Take on Real Beauty” February 11,2014
- Featured contributor to Huffington Post, with No. 1 featured article on Huffington Post Women September 2013
- Special guest on SiriusXM Stars Channel “Getting Real with Verily Magazine” Show August 2013
- Featured reviewer for cover of “How to Rewrite Beautiful” a book on body image July 2013
- Featured as Alumna spotlight for University of Dallas May 2013
- Featured as Alumna spotlight for Network of Enlightened Women May 2013
- Interviewed for Catholic Herald UK (print) May 16, 2013
- Interviewed threetime Emmy Awardwinning Mad Men costume designer, Janie Bryant May 5, 2013
- Interviewed New York Times bestselling author, Gary Chapman April 23, 2013
- Honored as “Springtime Ambassador of the Year 2013” for Verily Magazine April 26, 2013
- Springtime of Faith Foundation, VIP International Leadership Forum Included in the book, “Three Minutes a Day, Volume 47” produced by The Christophers December 2012
- Interviewed in Our Sunday Visitor, “New Magazine Aims to Promote Authentic Beauty” October 2012
- Mentioned in National Review Online “Heavenly Truths” October 2012
- Featured as Alumna Spotlight for the Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute August 2012
- Interviewed for Ignitum Today’s “In Truth, Certainly” August 2012 Nonprofit, Rewrite Beautiful’s “Beautiful Girl of the Week” July 2012 Mentioned in Huffington Post Article: “The Antidote to Cosmo” May 2012
- Featured reviewer for website homepage and insidecover accolades for “The VSociety; True Story of Rebel Virgin Girls” 2012
- Quoted in Weekly Standard Article: “Taking Back the Campus” February 2012
- Quoted in National Catholic Register article, “Love in the City” September 2011
- Featured as Student Spotlight for the Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute 2008 Awarded meritbased $32,000 scholarship for academic achievement to University of Dallas 2005
- Twotime recipient of academic scholarship for academic achievement from Knights of Columbus 2005, 2006