Travels from New Orleans, Louisiana
Singer/songwriter Kitty Cleveland has been delighting audiences around the world for many years, having appeared numerous on television (EWTN, Boston Catholic TV), on the radio, in concert and as a keynote speaker throughout North America and in Europe.
Though she put her singing on hold after college to pursue careers as a lawyer, university instructor and career counselor, Kitty’s life as a recording artist began in earnest after launching her first CD in 2000. She has since released eight CDs, plus two popular CDs with Lighthouse Catholic Media. Also in the works is a collection of jazz standards with some of the world’s finest Grammy-winning jazz musicians.
Television and Radio Credits
Kitty appeared five times as a guest on EWTN’s Life on the Rock television series with Jeff Cavins—reaching over 100 million households worldwide—as well as on EWTN’s Backstage television series. She has appeared multiple times on Catholic TV of Boston, has had numerous appearances on New Orleans television, and continues to receive both national and international radio airplay.
• Surrender: Collection of popular liturgical songs, plus two originals. Winner of Unity Award® for “Sacramental Album of the Year” (2000, 2007 remix).
• Sacred Arias: Twelve favorite classics with a chamber orchestra. Final Unity Award® nominee for “Devotional Album of the Year” (2001).
• The Miracle of Love Rosary: International best-seller featuring music and meditations on the sanctity of life, including the Luminous Mysteries. Recorded with Fr. Robert Cavalier (2002).
• O Holy Night: Well-loved Christmas songs with a Celtic flair (2003).
• The Miracle of Divine Mercy: Original sung Divine Mercy chaplet with a children’s choir, plus two inspiring songs and Kitty’s Divine Mercy testimony (2004).
• Be Not Afraid: Includes 12 songs of hope and consolation, including “Now You Come to Me”, an original song inspired by the last words of Pope John Paul II, and “Eye of the Storm”, written by Kitty for the victims and survivors of Hurricane Katrina. Winner of Unity Award for “Devotional Album of the Year” (2006)
• Sublime Chant: The Scotland Project: An ambitious recording of 17 Gregorian chants recorded in a 13th century Scottish cathedral (2008).
• God Will Provide: 2010 release by Lighthouse Catholic Media includes Kitty’s testimony plus nine songs from her previous collections.
• The Miracle of Life Rosary for Children: Kids love hearing the upbeat, life-affirming music and meditations written by Kitty specifically for a young audience, with all of the prayers led by kids. Kitty’s daughter, Cecilia (age 7), also sings with her to music arranged by Joe Hand (2-CD, 2011).
• Sacred Christmas: 2011 release by Lighthouse Catholic Media of Kitty’s Christmas music.
Kitty makes her home in the New Orleans area with her musician husband and young daughter, whom they adopted from China in 2005. When possible, they both appear with her in concert. Increasingly invited to share her testimony and her singing all across the US and abroad, Kitty makes her ministry a full-time commitment.