Travels from Minneapolis, Minnesota
Contact Dale Ahlquist
Dale Ahlquist is an author, public speaker, Evangelical convert to Catholicism, and Catholic apologist. He is considered one of the world's foremost authorities on English writer, G.K. Chesterton. He has written, edited, or contributed to more than fifteen books on Chesterton, including The Apostle of Common Sense, Common Sense 101: Lessons from G.K. Chesterton, The Complete Thinker, and In Defense of Sanity.
He is the president and co-founder of the American Chesterton Society and the publisher of its magazine, Gilbert. He is the creator and host of the television series, The Apostle of Common Sense, on the Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN). He is also the co-founder of Chesterton Academy, a Minneapolis-based high school rated one of the top 50 Catholic schools in the United States.
He is a frequent speaker at national and international conferences, presenting engaging talks on G.K. Chesterton’s wit and wisdom, his impressive and prophetic insight, and his role in the New Evangelization. He has given over 400 lectures at major colleges and universities and other venues, including Yale, Columbia, Cornell, Notre Dame, Oxford, Cal-Berkeley, Cal-Tech, Rice, Penn, Dartmouth, San Pablo (Madrid), the Vatican Forum in Rome, and the House of Lords in London. In 2012, he was named a Senior Fellow of the Chesterton Library at Oxford University. Dale and his wife Laura have six children and live in Minneapolis.
Dale Speaks On Many Topics But Some Of His More Popular Include:
• An introduction to G.K. Chesterton – The wit and wisdom of Chesterton
• Chesterton: A Prophet for Today – A look at Chesterton’s prophetic insight in today’s world of cultural problems.
• G.K. Chesterton: Heavyweight Champion of the Faith – An examination of Chesterton’s unique catholic apologetics.
• Love, Marriage and Common Sense – Chesterton’s take on the sacredness of marriage, relationships and the complementarity of the sexes.
• The Gentle and Bloody Art of Defending the Faith – An entertaining and creative approach to Catholic apologetics.