Travels from Colorado Springs, Colorado
Contact Matthew Allner
Matt Allner is an enthusiastic and powerful speaker with a diverse background of both professional and life experiences that will have you reflecting not only about what matters in life, but will help you discover discernment and to hear God’s call for your discipleship. With the world at such a critical turning point—national and personal debt at an all time high, social pressures and competition in school and in sports higher than they have ever been before for our youth, the multitude of external factors chiseling away at marriages and family dynamics, and with the very real spiritual battle for our souls that is waging, Matt will help you see why there is no better time than now to address these issues with positive and realistic solutions as he sheds a very simple light on how we all can protect our relationships and our children by staying the course on what matters most---loving and serving God. From athletics to public education, marriage to fatherhood, science researcher to entrepreneur, Matt will connect with audiences of all ages in ways that will leave you wanting to hear more and desiring to build a stronger relationship with and serve God more than you ever have before.
Matt’s path to a deep faith in the Lord started at a very early age when Matt felt God’s presence in his life, where his first discerning of God's call was while he was an altar server in the Catholic Church he attended each Sunday. As God continued to strengthen his faith and his talents, he felt God favoring his life and moving him to an athletic platform where he would work to positively influence a broad age range of youth. As his life evolved further Matt found himself moving to new and sometimes very different platforms but all serving the same focus of protecting youth and positively influencing others. This focus eventually moved him to a more intense focus in 2015 where he felt a very strong and clear call from God to heavily pursue more mission work through his consulting efforts and from substantial tithing efforts from the success of the business entities he owns and manages. Matt’s story of discernment and clear understanding of his call to serve God is not only moving but empowering, as he has turned down multiple lures throughout his life that would have brought him fame and fortune, but did so in order to continue the path he knows God has asked him to pursue. He is unshaken in his faith, strong in his marriage, fiercely protective of his children and all youth he works with, and is finding a deeper relationship with God each day through the work he is now involved in.
Speaking Titles and Topics:
- Raising Patriots: A Call For All Men to Discipleship, Patriotism, and Fatherhood
- Discernment: Learning to Listen to and Trust God’s Call
- Putting God’s Armor on Your Marriage and Your Family: Understanding the Plan to Destroy the Church Involves Destroying the Family
- When Will We Have Enough?: A Culture Focused on Possessions, Personal Accomplishments, and Careers
- Youth Sports: Its All About the Kids Right?
- Heaven and Hell Are Here on Earth: Jesus’ Message to “Love One Another”
- Saving Souls: A Call to Look at Classmates, Co-workers, Neighbors, Friends, Family, and Ourselves in a Very Different Light
- Discipleship: Being a Light in an Uncertain, Lost, and Dark World
- STOP THE TRAIN!: A Call to Stop and Evaluate Our Progress and Evolution as a Society and It’s Impact on Our Youth
- Compete With Yourself, Cooperate with Others: Keeping Competition Healthy and in Check
- Putting Others Before Self: Lessons From Nature
- Science and Faith: Using Faith and Scripture to Properly Defend and Protect God’s Science from Humans’ Science
- How Do I Provide for My Family?: Finding Favor With God and Allowing Him to Have Control Over Your Life
- Proceed with Caution: The Impact of Sports on Youth and Society
- Chasing Carrots Instead of God: The Teen Suicide Crisis in America and How We Can Start to Fix It
- Success: How We Should Really Define It
Matt married his wife (Jessica) in 2000 and they have three amazing children. He has 17 years experience in public education as a science teacher and five years as an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the Graduate School level. He received his Master’s in Space Studies from the University of North Dakota in 2009 and has worked extensively as a research scientist from 2005-12 where he was also a finalist in the NASA Astronaut Selection Process three times (2004, 2008, and 2012). Research emphasis was in the area of space psychology where he developed original research in the areas of Psychosocial Issues for Consideration for Long-Duration Space Flight, as well as STEM Education and Student Engagement programs. He has presented his research at five different international space science conferences from 2006-10, having published over 16 technical papers and abstracts, has been published in professional scientific journals, and his work was featured in an article review by the Smithsonian. Along with providing suggestions for group dynamic development, Matt has also worked in both educational and medical device sales and was a volunteer rescue diver and training officer for the Siouxland Dive Rescue Team for three years. Prior to his family life and that of being a public educator and science researcher, he was an all-round athlete having played four sports in high school and then baseball in college where he was a professional prospect and was offered a contract to play professionally after completing his college career. All throughout his life, he has received numerous awards for his excellence in academics, athletics, teaching, and his work in research and continues to be involved in a wide variety of leadership opportunities. He deeply believes in and has countless hours invested in community service and public outreach dating back to when he was in middle school where he was involved extensively in the Catholic church and in various youth outreach programs, and as of today has 28 years experience coaching youth sports. Today, Matt finds himself the owner of two small, and successfully growing businesses where he was the founder of Leadership & Legacy LLC in 2015, and now is also the owner of a small family-owned painting business in Monument, Colorado where he lives. From the success and model of his businesses he works tirelessly to improve the overall functioning of four primary pillars of society (businesses, church organizations, educational institutions, and youth sports organizations). It is here that he encourages these four pillars to utilize the principles of religion to keep a healthy balance on day-to-day personal interactions with one another through an intentional daily focus on God, the Commandments, and serving others before self. During his free time he still enjoys working out, hiking, camping, rock and snow climbing, mountain biking, surfing, SCUBA diving, hunting, and skiing/snowboarding. But most of all, he enjoys spending quality time with his family.
Matt is available for keynote/motivational presentations, retreats, workshops/training, and consultations.
Religious and Professional Presentations and Talks:
- St. Mary’s High School (Colorado Springs, CO) Youth Leadership Trainer and Motivational Speaker, (Topic: "Saving Souls: A Call to Look at Classmates, Co-workers, Neighbors, Friends, Family, and Ourselves in a Very Different Light"), August 2017
- Salesian Sisters and Our Lady of the Woods Catholic Church (Woodland Park, CO), Vacation Bible School Presenter and Workshop Facilitator (Topic: Innovation and Finding God’s Unique, Specific, and Intentional Design of People), July 2017
- Colorado Springs Catholic Diocese, Adult Faith Formation Seminar Series, Guest Speaker (Topic: Discernment and Answering God’s Call to Serve), June 2017
- Colorado Springs Catholic Diocese, Young Adult Ministry Retreat, Keynote Speaker and Facilitator, (Topic: “The Heavenly Spoon”: Discernment and Answering God’s Call to Serve Others), June 2017
- Salesian Sisters and Sacred Heart Catholic Church (Colorado Springs, CO), Vacation Bible School Presenter and Workshop Facilitator (Topic: Innovation and Finding God’s Unique, Specific, and Intentional Design of People), June 2017
- Colorado Springs Catholic Diocese, Young Adult Ministry, Leadership Training Facilitator, June 2017
- St. Mary’s High School (Colorado Springs, CO), Vocation Day Presenter and Workshop Facilitator (Topic: "Feeding One Another": Answering God's Call to Serve), April 2017
- Sacred Hearth Catholic Church (Colorado Springs, CO), Tap Into Theology Talk (Topic: "Science and Faith: Can the Two Co-exist?"), March 2017
- St. Mary’s High School (Colorado Springs, CO) Youth Leadership Trainer and Motivational Speaker, August 2016
- Colorado Springs Catholic Diocese, Young Adult Ministry Retreat, Keynote Speaker and Breakout Session Facilitators (Topic: "Putting God’s Armor on Marriage: Recognizing and Avoiding the Pitfalls that Lead to Divorce"), June 2016
- St. Gabriel’s Catholic Church (Colorado Springs, CO), Confirmation Retreat Keynote Speaker (Topic: "Finding Favor with God: A Message for Youth and Adults to Hear, Understand, and be Devoted to God’s Commandments"), April 2015
- St. Patrick’s Catholic Church (Colorado Springs, CO), That Man Is You (TMIY), Men’s Ministry Program Leader and Speaker, 2014-17
- Founder, Lead Facilitator and Speaker at Annual Space Day Events at West Middle School (Sioux City, IA, 2005-07; and in Colorado Springs, CO at Fox Meadow Middle School, 2008-10 and at Discovery Canyon Campus, 2011-12)
- St. Patrick’s Catholic Church (Colorado Springs, CO), Rock Climbing and Religious Talk for Cub Scouts Day Camp, Summer 2011
- West Middle School (Sioux City, IA), Facilitator and Speaker at SCUBA Skills Saturday Club for middle school students (grades 6-8), 2007
- Sunnybrook Christian Church (Sioux City, IA), Summer Bible Camp Presenter and Workshop Facilitaor (Topic: "Building Rockets and Discovering God"), 2006
Professional Scientific Presentations on topics of Human Performance in Extreme Environments, Human Spaceflight Crew Performance Analysis, Competition and Besting, Psycho-Social Considerations for Future Long-Duration Space Flight Missions, and Promoting STEM Education Outreach in Your Community. 16 Conference paper/abstract publications and presentations given at the following International Space Science Conferences:
- International Astronautical Congress (IAC), Daejon, South Korea, 2010
- International Astronautical Congress (IAC), Glasgow, Scotland, 2008
- Committee on Space Research (COSPAR), Montreal, Canada, 2008
- International Astronautical Congress (IAC), Valencia, Spain, 2006
- Committee on Space Research (COSPAR), Bejing, China, 2006
- NASA Educator Astronaut Teacher (NEAT) Conference, Orlando, FL, 2005
Here’s What Others Have to Say About Matt’s Talks and Training Abilities
“Matt was exceptional in his presentation on Faith and Science during our monthly Tapping Into Theology program. He was knowledgeable and engaging, sharing with a great deal of passion and charism. We cannot wait to have him back.”
- Rob Plush, Director of Adult Formation, Sacred Heart Parish, Colorado Springs Diocese
"Matt is a person with admirable moral character and ethics, who places his family as a first and foremost priority. . . but while doing so doesn't ever forget about other young people and adults around him. Having seen him in the role of conscience and responsible husband and father, I can understand why he has been such an effective teacher and mentor to both K-12 and graduate level students, as well as other educators for more than 17 years. He not only delivered quality instruction in the classroom, but had an uncanny ability to resolve conflict situations in a constructive manner, always motivating his students and peers in positive ways to produce consistent results His intrinsic and natural sense of humor helps him tremendously in keeping multiple social balances for mutual benefits. Matt is fully dedicated to developing others to be their best so they can reach their full potential – personally, professionally and relationally – in church, in the workplace, in sports and in life."
- Dr. Vadim Rygalov, Associate Graduate Professor, University of North Dakota Space Studies Department
“My relationship with Matt has grown over the last several years here at St. Patrick Catholic Church as he has been a big part of our Christian faith community. As Matt took over the leadership role for a Men’s Ministry by the name of ‘That Man Is You’ (TMIY) after another man stepped down, we were at a cross road with how to run it as attendance had been dropping consistently each year. He quickly assembled a Core Leadership Team and implemented several new ideas from everyone, which together brought attendance up quickly. Matt rallied the men around more opportunities outside the ministry to further build fellowship while also bringing the men’s families together to build more community through fun events, family picnics, and service projects. And he has consistently challenged men to step up and be the men and fathers that our society so desperately needs. It has bee my privilege to know and grow under Matt’s Christian leadership.”
- Eric Sieverts, Director of Adult Formation, St. Patrick’s Parish, Colorado Springs Diocese
"Matt has proven himself to be a steadfast leader for our youth softball team. His strong abilities in the sport and even stronger beliefs in team unity, family, and God have made him an incredible teacher and guide to our team. Matt has a keen sense and ability to work with the athletes to make them better players through skills training and confidence building. His patience is endless, and every child comes away from a practice or game feeling as though he or she performed well, was an important part of the team, and they improved both individually as well as with their team conrtibution. His patience, love of teaching, and true grasp of balance, have made him an impeccable leader. We are grateful to know him as a coach, mentor, and friend."
- Todd Stenhaug, Youth Sports Coach and Dedicated Father
"I have been involved in youth sports for ten years as a parent and coach, and Matt Allner is the best coach we've ever had. He has an amazing knowledge of both individual mechanics and the strategic elements of football and baseball. More importantly he emphasizes developing good character above winning (yet he still led the team to win the league championship!). He is great with kids -- always positive, fiercely protective, and 100% committed to doing the right thing."
- Keith Jones, Professor of Engineering and Aeronautics, United States Air Force Academy